With the Basic Installation service, technician will perform the following on-site activities/service steps:
1. Verify receipt and good condition of all boxes and components.
2. Confirm that Customer-supplied physical site and power are adequate to properly run the system. If problems are identified, consult with Customer and/or contact Provider Technical Support to determine solution.
3. Unpack TV. Do not destroy boxes in case TV must be returned.
4. Plug TV into power source.
5. Plug TV into video feed.
6. Verify that power and picture of TV function normally. If not, escalate to Dell for repair and/or replacement instructions. If necessary, repack TV and/or components for return shipment, in accordance with Dell Reverse Logistics instructions.
7. Place Plasma/LCD TV on standard stand or on Customer-provided stand, unless a wall mount has been purchased.
8. Perform the wall mount and/or installation service package ordered by Customer.
9. Provide orientation* for Customer.
10. Remove packaging from Customer location.
11. Verify with Customer that work was performed satisfactorily.
12. Connect and configure up to 4 new or existing video and/or audio components provided by the customer in the same room. Video or audio components include: TV, VCR, DVD, DVR, Internet TV, Video Game Unit, Audio Receiver, Amplifier, CD Player, CD Recorder, Audio Tape Deck, Mini-Disk Player, existing Home Theater Speaker System (up to 5 speakers), and/or Home Theater in a box.
13. Components that will not be connected include monitors, central processing units, printers, scanners, networks, telephones, fax machines, or wireless routers. Technicians will not install satellites or run satellite video feed from satellites to the room.
14. Placing speakers on shelf or floor. (Does not include mounting speakers on wall or brackets.)
15. Neatly connecting and grouping all wires and cables. (Does not include hiding wires or drilling holes.)
16. Program up to two (2) non-learning remote control devices to operate connected components. Remote control devices not included. (Customer provided manuals mandatory)
17. An educational demonstration of the TV and audio/video system, up to twenty (20) minutes.
*Orientation will not include the following:
a. Instructions for satellite or cable television subscription
b. Programming of components besides remote control set-up (such as VCRs, DVDs, DVRs, CD players or recorders, video game units, receivers, or amplifiers)
- To ensure your Plasma/LCD TV and all items necessary for installation, including videos and/or audio components and video feed, are available to the technician and are located in the same room and in the immediate area where the installation is to take place.
- To ensure that the physical installation site is adequate to properly house the Plasma/LCD TV, speakers and components.
- To ensure the availability and hook up of adequate power to properly run the Plasma/LCD TV, speakers and components.
- To ensure that all cables required for the connection of the Plasma/LCD TV and components are available to the technician.
- To ensure that wall mounting bracket is available to mount the Plasma/LCD TV (if applicable)
- An adult (at least 18 years old) must be present during the entire installation process. Customer orientation will only be given one time. Customer is responsible for preferred members being present for the orientation.
Important Additional Information
Dell is pleased to provide the services in accordance with this Service Description and the terms and conditions of your applicable signed service agreement with Dell, or in the absence of such an agreement, the terms and conditions of Dell's Customer Master Services Agreement available at http://www.dell.ca/servicecontracts